Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Art In People's Homes

Last year, I did a post about artwork in my own home; and was amazed just how much I had hanging around the place.  I thought to kick off this month with the artwork I've found around one of my friends' houses last month; on Australia Day actually.  They've got great taste in it really and I wanted to share.

This painting was done by Geoff but I don't know where they got the mask.

 I really do enjoy visiting Geoff and Viv's home as he's always working on something arty... and has some paintings leaning against the back door that look great (which I didn't get a photo of as I don't know if they were finished or not).  

This one was next to the back door and above some paintings on the floor.

 I took these photos while everyone was either waking up or beginning to eat breakfast... me?  I had already scoffed down a bowl of cereal and was drinking my coffee and beginning to feel human just a little bit.

My favourite one of theirs... looks very evil in its green.
This last one is situated outside their kitchen and faces the front door; as though to welcome everyone with its happy grin - almost looking as though it's hiding a secret.  I do like this one very much for its colour and position in the house.

So, there you have it... some of the artwork in my friends' house.  They didn't mine me photographing it, and I'm sure they don't mind if it's here.  Until my next post, take care, keep knitting, painting and creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment