Sunday, October 9, 2011

Old Hobby Returning

When I was a teenager, I went to night-school and learnt how to sew.  I did this because I was failing high school; and didn't want to look like I was flunking out of everything.  Now, back then, we had to obtain the permission of the school I attended for me to go to night college/class to do this.  Nowadays, our teenagers can go and just get their parent's permission because it'll add to their overall score.  
Well, last week, I celebrated my 38th birthday; and Mum and Dad thought it was about time I owned my first sewing machine.  Now, I used to sew and could follow patterns easily a long time ago; but now, it's a matter of re-learning how to make a template, measuring the fabric twice, cutting once, then pinning and hoping I get it all correct.  
Today, I made my own custom-made Book Baggy.  It's a smaller version of a pillow case and it looks good.  here's the photos of the first one for my journal so I can leave it out and yet nobody will know what it is.


It's a little bigger than I thought it was going to be... but I guess it just needs tweaking.  Oh well, I guess it's all to do with how people start out in designing things.  Besides, it's a new thing for me to begin with.  So, what do you think?  Nice or not?  Would you use one?  If not, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment