Sunday, October 27, 2013

One Busy Month!

It's been one busy time with Crafty Pegs, and I haven't had much time to do anything but paint them up and organise and try and find Dolly Pegs (which are becoming more and more like Hens' Teeth than anything I've ever come across!).

But!  I'm working this out really well.

Since I've completed my Crafty Pegs Work Station, created my Crafty Pegs Facebook Page and organised the business card and - just recently - bought myself a Load&Go Card at the post office, I'm well and truly on the road to getting my butt into this fun and intensely tiring life of my hobby business.  

I've begun buying paint in tubs as they're $6.99 each and will last longer than the tubs - which are $4.99 each.  I've bought myself my first lot of Dolly Pegs off a supplier in the UK for under $20 and they'll be here next week!  Yay!  I've bought myself a roll of sandpaper for when I need to sand down any rough edges.  And what I do is just cut off a small strip and use that until it's worn out and then toss it out and cut off another strip and keep going; and at $11.99 a roll, that roll will be worth it.

The best news I have right now, though, is that I've put my name down at The Creative Markets for next month!  My market stall will be at the Springwood State School Creative Markets on 24th, November - which is a Sunday.  The markets start at 9am and finish at 1pm.  I can't wait!  It's going to be an exhausting day, but I'm hoping it'll work out for me.  Wish me luck!  And if you're in the Brisbane area, come by and have a look at my stall - as well as the other people's stalls! - it's all under cover and out of the weather.  

Well, that's what I've been up to lately.  Very busy, very tiring and working very hard on my pegs, pencils and magna-pegs too.  I just hope I have enough stock by next month!  Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment