Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Finished!

After four months of working and picking at my second attempt at my self-portrait, I'm excited to let you all know that I've finally finished it.  Yep!  I've completed the background, finished up the details and signed it!  On the back, I wrote down the music I listened to while I painted.  From the Red Hot Chili Peppers 'Mother's Milk' to The Eagles and Peter Gabriel - all on vinyl - every bit of their music has been wonderful and powerful in this piece that I've painted.
For the finishing touches, I sat outside this afternoon to make sure the colours were right and completed the background.  I tried to get the markings in the background as good as Van Gogh's; but didn't quite get them the way I wanted them.  As with anything, there's plenty to learn in the world of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment