Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Piece Has Been Started

A day after my self-portrait was finished - and the varnish was sprayed on - I pulled out a spare piece of masonite, sanded it back and used up the rest of the red, white and deep red to make the background.  This piece of masonite is much bigger than the one I painted my portrait on; and so I wanted to put something on it that wasn't complicated.  So, I'm putting up three of my four-petaled flowers and hoping to be able to find the same kind of feel I did with my last painting.  

Let's see how long this one takes me.

1 comment:

  1. So far so good! I'd probably use this to brighten any part of my place that I thought looked a little too dark or bland, and give it a complete new lease of life .....I look forward to the end result! :D