Saturday, August 13, 2011

My First Sale!

Yes!  I made my first sale last night at an art opening at the Logan Art Gallery.  It actually began about a week or so ago; when one of the staff saw me knitting a scarf and asked me how long it would take for me to finish it.  I said when she would like it by; and she told me the 12th, August.  So, I worked hard on it each afternoon and night; and finished it early Thursday evening before I had dinner. 
However, it came up shorter than I though and - even with long tassels on it - it didn't seem as long as I thought it would be.  But when I discussed it with her over the phone, she asked the price, I said around $15; but I did lower it to $10 when I showed it to her, letting her know if she wasn't happy with it, I'd be more than happy to knit her another one of the same wool and same style - but longer - as a replacement.  But she was very happy with it and paid me the $15.  So, there you have it... my first sale!  I'm so happy about it!  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! :D Hopefully others will follow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so... I'm currently working on learning new stitches and knitting other scarves so I can sell other scarves in other wool to sell on either e-bay or at the Logan Art Gallery to make a bit of money this Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete