Monday, May 7, 2012

Knitted Beanies for New-Borns

One of my friends on Bookcrossing has asked anyone who knits in the UK to knit up some beanies for the newborns in the hospital they work in as they have a beanie shortage for the little guys.
When I saw the plea for these, I knew I had some yarn that was the right colour just sitting around doing nothing and I could help them.  So, I e-mailed my  good friend and asked if they minded me doing some up and posting them off to them.  The replied saying they hadn't thought of asking people from across the miles; and gave me their address to post the ones I get done to.  
And so, last night, after I completed a short scarf, I started on fixing up a beanie pattern with smaller needles.  I'm looking at getting about three done and posting them off; maybe more if I can do more in a month.  Wish me luck!  As well as those cute little babies who will be receiving the knitted headgear.

No comments:

Post a Comment