Sunday, January 26, 2014

So Much Work For My Love of Pegs

Over the last few weeks, I've been working hard on painting my pegs, pencils and making magnets.  I've also been offered some tiny little jugs to decorate by Linda Fountain; they have turned out to be great little things!

My next go at The Creative Markets this year is next month, 23rd, February actually, from 9am until 1pm.  I'll have a 2x2m stall this time, as I found a 3x3m stall a little too big for my needs. 

Anyway, since my last post, I've gone out and bought a small tressle table, 3mt of Calico and found some fabric I bought a few years ago that I thought would go well as a table cloth.  I hemmed up the Calico and am using the lovely, silky Rayon with a lovely red and white pattern on it.  I had bought around 3 metres of it then another 2 metres and still didn't buy enough of it to make a skirt and little shawl combo... and by the time I wanted to get more, they didn't make it anymore.  So, I was stuck with this fabric; until now.

Now, I have this lovely red and white speckled table cloth.  I want to do more and put together a set of shelves for the jugs... but I might just little boxes for them and throw doilies on them instead or some leftover Calico over them and make them look good with the Doilies - now that sounds good!

Anyway, I'm up to my ears in ideas, as you can see, and there's still a few weeks to go until the Creative Markets at Springwood State School.  And this time, I'm more relaxed about it as I know what to expect from them, I know what's expected out of me, and I know how to work my wares as well.  The best thing is that I'll have a smaller stall and it'll be more enjoyable for me, and I'll be able to keep an eye on everything better too.

So, there you have it:  less than a month out from the Creative Markets, and I'm working out even more ideas than I know what to do with!  But I'm loving how this is all going.  So, how's your creative processes going?  Is your creative world in a great spin?  Or are you working on something great?  Do tell!  Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment