Thursday, September 1, 2016

Crafty Pegs Update!

A few things have been going on with my hobby business and I'm very happy to report, things are humming along nicely! 

I'm still making tiny pin cushions - which have been accepted into the Logan Art Gallery's store over the last few days. I put in my application for that a few weeks ago - as the gallery showed some interest in them - and just this past week I've had an email sent to me about them. Now, I have to get a profile written, a nice photo of me and around 25 of my pin cushions all priced up and ready to go before the end of the month! 

Then, there's the Bartertown Markets at Enoggera Bowls Club which is on next Saturday. I'm hoping to sell a lot of stuff there - if I get myself going with it. There may not be enough pin cushions, but I'll see how it all goes - seeing I've got a good majority of pin cushions in the gallery now. But the rest of my stuff looks like it may sell well.

And this will be my first market back into the public eye again too. 

I'm also trying my hand at Macrame... I've bought a couple of books and found myself wondering exactly what the hell I've gotten myself into! But I do remember doing this some years ago and having fun with it. I think I'll need another craft/sewing box to store my macrame stuff; as my ordinary sewing box is filled with my sewing gear. I know that sounds excessive, but really it's not.

Well, that's all there is to it now. I've retrieved my artwork from the gallery since the Allsorts exhibition finished last month and nobody bought it ... and now it's stored away in one of the wardrobes in my house as I don't have the wall space to show it off. And I'm working hard on more pin cushions for the Bartertown Markets. Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment