Saturday, September 22, 2018

Moving On Now...

Okay... this sounds ominous and dreadful, but really it's not. I'm closing down a part of Crafty Pegs and it's just taken me awhile to do it - and I didn't want to drag it along with you guys being bored and buried in the details of it all over the past few months.

Last weekend, I attended my very last market at the Logan Artists Association and sold as much of my stock as I could... it was great! I had so many people wonder why I was closing down my hand-stitched works and the retailing part of my works as well. But really, it's me. It's time to move on and into the next phase and next area of my art world.

Crafty Pegs will be still going as a hobby business and I will still be working on new things I've been learning at art school at the Logan Artists Association. I still have some of my stock leftover, and it's all packed away for now, or until somebody wants me to sell it to them... or if somebody wants me to make them a particular type of pin cushion or a knitted dish cloth, I'll do it; but I'll be making things on commission instead of making a huge lot of things and then trying to sell it all.

It's more cost efficient and easier to store. 

Otherwise, I've bought myself some shelving from Stratco (a company here in Australia which usually builds garages and pergolas) and put them together and now they're in my hallway holding all my art gear - and other things from around the house; helping me make space where needs be. I've found it's all been great so far.

Art school is going really great. 

I'm continuing with the series of paintings about Brunswick Heads and have decided to include the surrounding areas - like Stokers Siding and Mullumbimby - to make it more interesting. And seeing I'm enjoying this so much, I thought if it takes off, I'll paint towns which are photographed more and paint them and their quirkier sides so people see how much of a difference a painting is compared to a photo. 

Sounds like fun, right? Well, until my next post, which will be filled with even more info than this one, I promise, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment