Friday, November 2, 2018

More Paintings, Even Faster Now...

Since changing from Aaron's big classes on Mondays, I've been working so much faster than ever before. 

And this is great!

I've enjoyed the total freedom of jumping between two paintings while at the Social Painting Day on Tuesday mornings - same place and times, but different lot of people - and with a very laid back kind of way of looking at things.

So far, since going to this new group, I've finished 'Torakina' and started another painting, and I'm halfway through 'Shoes on a Fence'... which I'm thrilled with. Once I got the perspective fixed up on the latter one, I was fine. 

And it was all set for me next week. And I'm looking forward to painting while I'm at Brunswick Heads while holidaying down there as well early December. Yep, I'll be taking my tablet down there with me to get more photos of the township and more ideas for my exhibition and I'll be also starting some paintings while I'm down there too. 

Now, I've asked my Dad if he minded if I broke out my painting kit and he said 'No, whatever you want to do... it'll be great to see you in action.' He's never seen me start a painting before, only the bits and pieces of the painting when it's almost done. I think he'll like to see the bones of how it all starts up. 

I'll be doing some en plein air while I'm there too, to get into the feel of it all while I'm at the place. I mean, why not! It's such a pretty town, and very arty, it deserves to be painted in the daylight and not just from a studio with photographs. 

Well, I'm looking forward to starting new paintings while I'm at the coast and enjoying myself completely while I'm there - painting, reading and getting in and doing some knitting too at night - all the things which relax me. And then when I get home, I'll be painting, painting, painting and getting more of my exhibition worked out for the next year or so. So exciting, right?

What have you been up to lately? Anything new? Anything old? Are you making things for loved ones for Christmas? I am, but I'm not saying who I'm making things for because they read my blogs. Well, anyway, until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment