Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Painting Faster Than Ever!

Well, it's been a really busy few weeks - and I'm still broke from some strangely big and small expensive things.

How weird is that? 

Well, give it another month, I'll be back on track financially - I know it. How? You see, I've been through this kind of thing before with money... I think we all have. 

But the main thing is:  I'm painting faster than I ever did in Aaron's class. Now, I'm not being mean to his teaching methods - he's good at giving out information; but letting me have my own style was way out of the question.

And that's the thing with teaching, you have to know when to step back and let the student have a go and add their own style to their work. I think he had a problem letting go and didn't know that I was trying to let him know our time was through - and besides I couldn't afford his classes anyway.

Well, I've finished The Picture House - finally! After 4 1/2 months of pushing and pulling with that painting, and much arguing over what was happening with shadows and where the trees were going, how it all looked and other small details, I just took it home one day and never brought it back in. I brought in 'Torakina' and that was it... it was a quarter finished. 

Now, it's 24th, October, and just yesterday I finished it! I love it and it's just how it's supposed to look too! It's got that fresh, lovely morning appearance with a storm brewing in the back hills - as it does at Brunswick Heads some days - and the fine grasses in the foreground not taking over the whole picture... which it's supposed to do.  I signed it and it looks great!

Then, I got in and worked on 'Shoes on a Fence'... a street scape, which has gotten a little out of hand with the vanishing point, but once I used some liquin on it, and scrubbed back some layers of paint to the acrylic underneath, I found where I went wrong. I learned that on YouTube... the different ways you can use liquin! Such a great product with more than one way to use it! 

So, it's October, and the paintings finished so far are:

The Surf Beach
The Harbour Wall
The Picture House
Torakina

The one I'm working on now is:

Shoes on a Fence

Now, that's not bad if you ask me... and I'm hoping to work much faster over the next month or two and get in and make more paintings from my tablet to get together my exhibition much faster. 

So, what have you been up to lately? I'd love to know. Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment