Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Woah! Been So Busy!

It's 4 months into the new year and I haven't written here yet! I'm sorry about this, but my life has been busy as hell.

Anyway, I've been busily painting away, still working and attending the Social Art Group at the Logan Artists Association at Loganlea and enjoying myself... and I've also taken part in the first members exhibition - 'Express Yourself' - which has raised funds for The Leukaemia Foundation. This was something I really wished for them to do for me as I shaved my head this year and donated my hair... and getting the LAA on board to help me raise money was going to be a big money-spinner for me.

So, as this event came up for me in March (shaving my head that is), I was crazily knitting beanies for myself. I managed to knit 4 beanies for myself and 1 beanie-scarf. I'm part-way through knitting a 2nd beanie-scarf which is going to be way longer than the first one and in my favourite colours too! 

I'm still working on doing a series of paintings of the Northern Rivers area of New South Wales - and am having loads of fun doing it. It still takes me a bit of time to get myself to the part where it gets easier... but seeing I'm up to my 7th painting - and am dabbling on another 2 unfinished paintings sitting around the place. Yeah, I get stuck with my paintings sometimes, so put them off to one side to 'wait for me to get to them'.

Otherwise, that's all I've been really doing...oh! Besides looking at saving up for a trailer tent - but that's a long-term goal. Yep, I want to travel big-time and get myself painting while I'm traveling... sounds like fun, right? Yeah, sure it does! Well, until my next post, keep on creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment