Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Collage In Progress.

Slowly but surely, I've been working on a collage.  It began about a month ago when I took apart a Tom Clancy book which was falling apart and glued some of the pages to a stretched canvas.  Then, I left it alone; not knowing quite what to do with it.
Then, after I got into a workshop late last month, I got the best idea and raided a thrift shop of its books that were falling apart and were unreadable to complete the project.  I took the covers and spines off where I could and worked on what I could yesterday.  
And thus far it looks wonderful!  I've glued on 'A Time to Kill' and 'Interview With The Vampire' both about death and destruction... however, I'll be adding in a book or two of romance; so that when I end up painting the edges of the pages red, the colour will mean two different things.  Pretty cool, eh?  Well, I'll keep you up to date about when it'll be finished and post a photo of the finished product once I'm done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment