Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Little Ideas Coming To Light

I have had one idea after another over the past few weeks. However getting them to work quickly is frustratingly slow.

It's not that I haven't tried - it's money that's the issue. I have little of the money I need and a lot of the ideas which are pouring out of my head and I can't seem to keep up with.

I love that I am having these ideas, but it's the time I don't have to make them work... well, I was hoping to get some of the ideas working by next month, and see how they go. But it seems I have to wait on a few things and see how it all happens while I work on other projects I still have on hand.

There's a commission I am working on - which is taking its sweet time to get going as my brain just isn't switched on into is, because it's from my old work from years ago and I don't do the style I've been asked to do anymore. The customer asked me to do Aboriginal dot and in the colours and I told her I legally can't; but she pushed me about it. I'll have to see what I can do. Deep down, I really don't want to do them because I have my ethics and know I'm not allowed to make that kind of art and sell it. I'm not an Aboriginal and it wouldn't be right.

So, I've made the decision and will not do the pegs the customer asked me to do; and I will have to explain again why. Yes, I'm an artist, but no I can't do those types of designs due to the laws and that I'm not indigenous; and I'm not permitted to sell Aboriginal artwork.

Other ideas are going well, yet slowly - as usual - and I've got around seven coat hangers all in some way either in the beginning, middle or ending stages of being painted. Then, there's the picture frames... oh do I have picture frames! I have new ones from yesterday and then there's other ones from a week or two ago and then there's one I'm donating to Old School Tattoo and Barber Shop for their raffle - the big black one with gold and silver flowers I can't sell at the markets. I can't wait to get into that venture with them. 

So, what have you been up to? Now you know why I haven't been here for a bit. Until my next post, keep creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment