Monday, April 20, 2009

My First


Welcome to my second blog... but my first outsider art display. It's a rather permanent one. Knitted trees and other things. You see, I inherited my Grandmother's knitting needles and she taught me to knit when I was young. So, it looks like I'm the knitter in the family. However, I'm not going to do sweaters and scarves....no, I'm getting artistic with it. I hope you like what you're gonna see!

This first one took me about a week because I simply didn't know what the hell I was doing! But it got displayed on the 7th, April 2009... and I did a silly thing and put it on the tree backwards! Well, I guess you only make that mistake once! Anyway, what do you think of the green and gold? Since I'm and Australian, I reckon it's very patriotic of me. My next one will be posted soon.

You know, once I got my mind wrapped around how to get into this, I found I had all kinds of ideas about the stitches and patterns I could make with the knitting... I reckon this is going to be fun! So, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment