Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rosey Red

In the last few weeks, I've been shopping for new balls of wool; cheap as dirt, but in lovely colours. So, I knitted this eye-catching beauty. It's on Park Road not too far from Kookaburra Park. I was hoping to do another tree on this street - as I am hoping to do more on the other streets around the place I've already hit so you all can follow the work from street to street and see them develop.

This one took me a little over a week to knit because of the complexity of the rainbow stitches. It was mainly done at night and so that why it took so long. But I've enjoy making it; and loved the way it was so easy to attach to the tree. I attached to work at around 2:30pm on Sunday afternoon. The Winter sun filtered through the leaves on the tree; and after I finished, I took around six photos of it; but only two really looked good (as you can see). I also used a carpet stitch to attach it to the tree. While I was making notes, a teenager rode around the work and looked at it, taking note of the tag then rode back to a house not far away; across the street. He had glanced at me but I didn't know what he was thinking. So, I didn't think anything of it, just curiosity.

On the way home, I checked up on the Kookaburra Park work and found I had to replace the tag on it as it had worn out. Fortunately, I had many more tags with me and enough dark blue wool to attach another tag to it. It looks like I'll have to find a more permanent way to attach the tags. How? I'm not to sure. Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment