Monday, August 24, 2009

Who's the Vandal? Nature or Human?

Okay, I knew art wouldn't be an easy thing to get out into the public arena. However, vandalism is just low. But really, you have to ask who the vandal is. Would it be some idiot kid who didn't like the look of my work or a bird that needed my knitted stitches for its hollow in the tree in the next park? It's a little off-putting when you go and check up on your work that you've lovingly applied to the outdoors and have found that it's either vanished or been stretched so bad you've had to remove it.
This is what I had to do with one of mine last Saturday outside the Logan Art Gallery. It doesn't bother me so much that the tags are stolen on the same day I installed the art work. What bothers me is that I had to
remove my work because I couldn't repair it.

It doesn't bother me so much that a bird wants to line its nest with the knitting that I had put out there. I'm just grateful that the other pieces of work haven't been attacked... yet. I'll have to check on them. Until my next post, keep creating and keep knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment