Monday, August 31, 2009

A Birthday Scarf For All To Make


In the last few months, I've been taking it easy due to the weird weather. In one instance we don't know if it's going to rain or if it's going to be a stinker of a day. So, I've been sticking around the house to catch up with writing, reading and practicing the piano (check out my other blog 'The Book Craze - Not Just About Books!'); I've also been finishing up all my extra yarn and knitting some flat work.

Here is my Mum's birthday present of a long thin scarf. It's been fun to get it all done before her big day in September. And I've
also gotten some people I know on a bookswapping site to pitch in too to help celebrate Mum's big day.
I have knitted another scarf very much like this one; however it's wider and shorter. But this one is a lot thinner and longer with massive tassels. So, if you'd like the patterns for either the wider or thinner one you see here, go to the ravelry.com site and you'll be able to find it on my projects pile. I use the same screen name as here.
And what do you know... I've begun yet another one! This time it's got earthy colours. I'll be showing you guys that one when I've finished it; and I'll let you know what I'll be doing with it as well. Until my next post, keep creating and keep knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment