Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Public Art and Outsider Art

I've found there's a difference between Public Art and Outsider Art... but it's very subtle.  I do enjoy these kinds of art, yet you find it hard to tell the difference between them.  For example, the two I found yesterday and last night are so similar and yet worlds apart.

The first one was on the footpath and the type I usually photograph for you all.  I loved it that Mum and I stumbled upon it.  It's something we all see every day and yet we seem to ignore or admire but don't get our cameras out for.  I'd love to get my paint brushes out for these, but find it hard to get to these things.  It's a type of control box; and just look at how it's been painted up!  Don't you just love it?

The next type of art was found on the front of a house.  I won't tell you where (as I don't want the residants having people looking too hard), but it's up on the Sunshine Coast.  This one is done by a local artist and they built them into a whole lot of the newer houses around 10 years ago.  When my relatives bought the house, it was included; and I've loved it since, but never got around to photographing it until now.  Isn't it just lovely?  

Today, Mum and I are off on a day trip to Eumundi and the Ginger Factory at Yandina.  You never know what we'll find around that way.  Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment