Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Scrap Scarf Update

Since I've begun this project, I've had fun with it.  The colours have been great to work with, some of the yarns have run out and I'm working in a Moss Stitch; which uses up a lot of of the yarn too.  However, I have found that there's a lot of leftover balls of yarn that I haven't used - and there's a lot of new yarn in a bag yet to be used.

So this is what I'm going to do:

I'll knit the scarves I want to knit over the next year or so; completing them as gifts and selling others for profit.  Then, in between them, while I'm figuring out which scarf to work on next, I'll be knitting the scrap scarf to keep my skills up with knitting. 
This will keep me fast and the scrap from the scarves I've done will be used up in this one over time; and the scrap scarf will become longer and more beautiful over that time.  In the end this scarf will eventually take years to complete.  Something I thought would only take months has turned into a project which will occupy my time.

Have you done this kind of thing and begun something that seemed harmless to begin with; and it turned into bigger project than you first thought?  How did it turn out?  How big did it become?  And how small were you hoping it to be to start with?  Until my next post, keep creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment