Thursday, February 27, 2014

An Arty Week!

This week, I'm tired; very tired.

But there's a good reason for it.  I've been busy and today has been my first day off to sit down and pretty much do nothing much but paint.

Sunday's Creative Market was small but I made $21.50.  I don't really count the rent on my stall as I've paid it 3 weeks previous, and it's been paid out of another account.  However, not for long.  My sub-account for that will be my main account to be using for the rent and my float and rent will be coming out of that.
Anyway, the Creative Markets were down by 12 stalls this time around unfortunately.  However I was told by other retailer that this isn't anything out of the ordinary when it comes to the beginning of the year, it will pick up when the Markets get going again next month.

I had my lovely little stall working well and quite a few of my friends showed up to see what I had on sale.  Mum showed, but Dad didn't.  Geoff Treagus - a friend of mine - showed but he didn't have any money on him.  And three ladies from the Queen Bees Craft Group showed too.  They were really impressed with my little stall, but they wondered why the markets themselves were so small.  I said that next month will be better.

Yesterday, I went to Garden City and bought some more paint for a commission I had been asked to do by a neighbouring retailer.  She asked me to paint up 24 Crafty Pegs for her in Zig-Zag partial pattern for her in burgendy and silver on mauve.  Very pretty.  I'm halfway through the commission and needed more paint.  I also had to buy some more string for the Cool Pencils so I thought to go for gold and silver so that they looked good when on display - eventually.  

So, what have you been doing lately?  Do let know as we'd love to know about your progressing arts here as you know about mine.  Until my next post, keep creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment