Monday, March 20, 2017

Rainy Art Class Monday

Today, it was the day for my art class. And this time I took along my canvas I wanted to work on - unlike last week where I forgot it.

We had a great time working on our own things with Aaron walking around - or running around - helping us all out. Yep, it was a full class this week. 

And there was a man who came in asking if he could join up. I'm not sure if he decided to or not; we'll have to see next week.

My self-portrait went from blah to wow in just 3 1/2 hours. I didn't really want to leave, but I just didn't have the brushes to do the right kind of detailing work I needed to do on the hair... so I left to head off to Eckersleys at Underwood and found what I needed there. 
Once home, I set up the portrait to dry by the back door and will be packing the car for tomorrow to head off to Geoff and Vivienne's place to visit Will (a friend of mine) and drop off some paint Geoff gave me... I just haven't used it; and he can have it back.

Anyway, I arrived home well past 1pm and had a bottle of brush cleaner and detailing brushes from the art store on me... I'm really getting my art gear refined now. I don't want to be taking too much stuff with me if I don't really need it; yet I do want to make sure I have everything I need. Yep, it's a catch-22 in art classes. If you don't have enough gear, you're caught short... and yet if you have too much, you feel as though you've packed the kitchen sink. Oh well, can't win 'em all! Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment