Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Update on the Archived Work and Competition

Well!  Since I last posted here, I've had a great response to the Name This Painting Competition.  And I've also been working hard on this one too being pleased with how it's coming along. 

First sitting:  not much had been done in this one; just colour sorting.

Second Sitting: I completed the orange flower and part of the brown on the right side.

Third Sitting: Began painting the background an off-white to fill in any gaps before going on.
 I have been painting at night when there's nothing on television; and just before bed too as there's always something on this painting that needs fixing up.  So, It'll be finished before long - I know it - and the name will be picked out.  In my next post, I'll put up the list of names that have been suggested.  I know that there's only been on comment, however others have seen this on another site, and have bombarded me with names.  If you have a name for this one, don't hesitate to place in the comments below; you never know, you may win the prize of arts goods such as brushes, paints, small sketch books and other useful items.  This is an international competition; and I will post the items off via air mail so you will receive your prize as soon as possible.  Otherwise, keep entering.  This painting won't take long to finish.

1 comment: