Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hand-painted Gift for Kalman

On Bookcrossing, there's been an exchange of gifts in memory of one of the Bookcrosser's sons. A lot of us took part and I received a gift from a wonderful person in Western Australia; and so, seeing she send me wonderful, brand new books wrapped in gorgeous paper, I thought to hand-paint something just for her.
Here I have an old box I've had sitting around the house from another art thing I did years ago. It was actually a gift box I used to use for a friend of mine to store souvenirs for when I needed ideas. Now, I've decided to paint it up and give it away filled with goodies to another. I just hope she enjoys it as much as I did painting it.
Some years ago, I designed a style of four-petaled flower that was simplistic and lovely in its own way; however, not everyone liked it... not even me. But, once in a while I'll add it into my paintings as a quirky little thing that is an original fingerprint to make it my own. And I'm glad I have. So, I I thought to cover this small box with these lovely flowers and had a great idea of gluing silk leaves all over it to give it a textured look. However, seeing it didn't work (and I didn't have a hot glue gun), I decided to paint them on instead; and did it work a treat! I also painted the inside too.
Now, all I have to do is stick some felt to the bottom, sign my work and give it all a good spray with varnish and it's all done. I've already bought some lovely little things my Kalman Exchange person can use in her arty exploits; as well as her life.

Is there anything you've designed for others you'd like to show off? If so, let us know your website through the comments box below. I'd love to hear from you. Until my next post, keep knitting and keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment